- Because vellum doesn't absorb ink like other types of paper, Use “draft mode” and the transparency setting so that less ink is transferred to the paper.
- Allow printed vellum extra time to completely dry before you handle it or you may smear the ink.
- Vellum creases very easily which leaves white marks, so be careful not to bend it.
- Wash your hands before you use vellum as the natural oils in your fingers can create visible smudges on the paper.
- The edges of vellum can be sharp, so use care when handling them.
- Vellum can be harder to cut than normal paper so use a metal-edge ruler and X-ACTO knife for cutting.
- Because of its translucent nature, adhesives show through the paper. As an alternative to using glue or tape, attach vellum with ribbon or raffia woven through punched holes.